Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy,Busy, Busy

A quick word or three in case there is anyone out there who cares! Have been busy with a dozen different projects over the last few months which I will write about when things calm down a bit. Our garden has required way more work than I'm used to because of it being a new garden spot. The grass and weeds have been tough to get under control and it has been dry so I have had to water a lot. Around here that's done by 5 gallon bucket so getting enough water on a half acre garden takes time!
Now it is berry time and mother nature has really smiled on us in that department this year. We have been picking wild raspberries last week and more this week. I have picked wild berries most of my life and this is the best I have ever seen them. Ann has canned 11 quarts of raspberry pie filling and 18 pints of jam so far. As I write this Ann is cleaning another 3 or 4 quarts she picked today and we will go picking again tommorrow. If we keep this up I'll have enough to make Raspberry Wine. YUM YUM!
On top of those I've been making fence for our livestock, cutting mulch for the garden, hauling dirt for an extension to the driveway, putting in some grape vines, making fire wood ,etc.
More on all of that plus our new herb business next time. I promise it won't be as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment